Based on: 60 reviews/ratings
Approximate price: $160 (around $125 online)
Capacity: 8 bottles
- Stainless steel material wipes clean easily
- Features internal light
- Digital control with LED temperature display
- Temperature display in Fahrenheit or Celsius
- Low power consumption; 10.83Hx20.67Wx16.14D”
- Attractive design
- Quiet operation
(Note, in particular, Amazon reviews show 1 star, although the actual review contents are focused on its failing to operate correctly at 70 degrees, and the measurements being specified wrong, neither of which seem to us to warrant such poor reviews.)
- Longer bottles don’t fit
- Blue light is a bit too bright
- Manufacturer customer support was awful.
Sampling of owner comments about the Sunpentown 8-bottle wine cooler:
- Received this as a wedding present and it is just fabulous! The picture does not do it justice.
- I’m planning to purchase one for my parent’s anniversary!
- wine cooler is very quiet and efficient. It works very well to keep our wines in good taste and looks great in our kitchen.
- Very quiet and solid.
- Love it!
- very quiet – keeps wines at the right temp level
- highly recommend this wine cooler
- temperature stays steady
Most people who have purchased the Sunpentown 8-Bottle Wine Cooler/Chiller seem to be quite pleased with it, some delighted enough to be planning to buy one as a gift for someone else. Overall, people liked its appearance, its functionality, and its quiet operation. There were a couple of complaints that it didn’t get cold enough, but this is typical of thermoelectric wine coolers in general, and is a limitation of the technology itself, rather than of an individual cooler. There were no reports of this cooler failing prematurely, which seems to occur in these appliances more often than we would hope and expect. There was the typical complaint about poor customer support, but , unfortunately, that is not unusual these days either.
We couldn’t find any information on the actual manufacturer of this cooler, so can’t provide much brand-wide reliability information. However, the Sunpentown 12-bottle wine cooler has similar positive reviews, and no complaints about failures, so the brand seems reliable enough.
Although an 8-bottle wine cooler is probably a bit small for the average wine drinker (the most common complaint we hear is from purchasers wishing they had opted for a larger capacity), the Sunpentown 8-bottle Wine Cooler is a solid buy for the casual wine drinker.
Bottom line recommendation:
The Sunpentown 8-bottle Wine Cooler (WC-08) is RECOMMENDED.