Based on: 32 reviews/ratings
Approximate price: $100 (around $70 online)
Capacity: 1 bottle
- Single bottle electric wine bottle chiller – chills soda or beer cans in 1 minute and wine bottles in 6 minutes
- Wine bottle is chilled by rotating while being sprayed with ice water
- Automatic touchpad features preset times, extra-chill setting, and add-ice indicator light
- Removable lid for long wine bottles; no-spin option; auto-off when done
- Measures approximately 16 by 10-1/2 by 8 inches; 1-year warranty
- chills a single bottle of wine or can of beer or soda amazingly fast
- consumes a lot of ice in the process of chilling the wine or other beverage
- will destroy a wine bottle label, unless used in no-spin mode (which will approximately double the time to chill your wine)
- some folks report difficulties with putting wine bottles into it; others have no problem
Sampling of owner comments about the Cooper Cooler Rapid Beverage Chiller:
- literally makes a warm beer cold in 1 minute and will get it frosty in 1 1/2 minutes
- highly recommend
- It’s loud
- You have to fill it with ice
- has difficulty with some wine bottles
- chills champagne fine, and they have a very large base… the machine has always accommodated them.
- really great wine bottle (and can) chiller
- wine label gets destroyed
- love our little Cooper Cooler
- it does one little thing really, really well.
- use it almost daily
- I can’t say it enough – I love this product
- cannot see my life without having one in my home
The Cooper Cooler Rapid Beverage Chiller works by spinning the wine bottle or beverage can while spraying it with a near-freezing blast of water, chilled by the ice that the chiller requires. In spite of the fact that it uses ice and water, it generally does not create a mess in the process.
Wine lovers who collect their wine bottle labels may want to consider another wine bottle chiller, though. This chiller tears up wine labels in the process of spinning while cooling. The chiller does have a no-spin mode, which prevents the wine label from being torn, but the label will still get wet, obviously. On the other hand, this little cooler will chill a bottle of white wine or champagne faster than probably any other method.
Generally, owners of the Cooper Cooler Rapid Beverage Chiller give it rave reviews. Many of those that love it say that they couldn’t live without it. A handful of the reviewers complained that it was more of a hassle to use than it’s worth, due to the fact that it used ice and water. Even fewer (3) complained of quality problems. The rest were overwhelmingly happy with their purchase (or gift), and recommend it to others.
All in all, the Cooper Cooler Rapid Beverage Chiller seems like a great solution to chilling a bottle of white wine, champagne, beer and soda in shockingly little time. It would be a great tool for quickly chilling a bottle of champagne for an unexpected celebration, a bottle of white wine or beer for a surprise dinner guest, or just chilling a soda or bottle of water on a hot day.
Bottom line recommendation:
The Cooper Cooler Rapid Beverage Chiller is RECOMMENDED as a single bottle wine chiller.
Check out more of our single bottle wine chiller reviews.